Manage the Application Service in Edge Xpert Manager
Edge Xpert Manager provides a UI page to create and manage Application Services. These allow the exporting of Edge Xpert data to external services.
Make sure to run Edge Xpert Manager with
sys-mgmt option to access the Application Services:
edgexpert up --secret sys-mgmt xpert-manager
For more information, see Edge Xpert Services
View Application Service
Select APP SERVICES from the main menu to display the App Services page.
All currently available application services are listed in the example below:
Add New Application Service
To add a new application service, complete the following steps:
Select the Add App Service icon from the top right of panel
Enter the name of the application service under Name
Select Destination from the dropdown list, this is the service where exported data will be sent. The Address Info block will alter depending on the Destination selected
Complete the remaining fields according to your destination's configuration. For further information, see Application Service Examples
Select Save to create the application service. Selecting Cancel closes the page without creating a new application service.
Once the application service is saved, a new microservice is created with the container name defined in the Name field.
Edit Application Service
You can change the information for existed application service.
Editing and saving an application service will delete the original application service microservice and create a new one.
To edit an application service, complete the following steps:
- Select the Edit icon from the Action column of the application service you want to change
- Change the information for the selected application
- Select Save. Selecting Cancel closes the page without modifying the application service
Delete Application Service
To delete an application service, complete the following steps:
- Select Delete icon from the Action column of the application service you want to delete. This brings up a confirmation dialog box
- Select Delete to delete the application service. Selecting Cancel closes the dialog box without deleting the application service
Control Application Service
You can start, stop, and restart application services using the Control Application Service function.
To change the status of an application service, complete the following steps:
- Select icon from the Action column of the application service.
Change the status by selecting one of the following:
These indicate start, stop, and restart respectively. Once pressed, a confirmation dialog box will appear, either confirm the change or select Close.