What is Edge Xpert
Edge Xpert is a flexible, platform-independent, highly scalable and industrial-grade edge software platform. It is supported by a rich ecosystem of components that can quickly and easily deliver interoperability between things, applications and services, across a wide range of use cases.
Based on EdgeX Foundry
Edge Xpert builds on the latest stable release of the Linux Foundation's open-source EdgeX Foundry platform to provide a commercial-quality and supported solution that is suitable for both Industrial and Consumer IoT edge applications. This approach minimizes any risk of open source adoption and is key to users deploying the EdgeX Foundry technology in mission- and business-critical systems.
The key benefits of Edge Xpert include the following:
- Loosely-coupled microservices architecture that is hardware and operating system agnostic
- Easy integration with multiple OT device protocols such as Modbus, BACnet, OPC-UA, BLE, Zigbee, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, and many others
- Provision of edge analytics, decision making, control and visualization services
- Easy integration with multiple IT and cloud endpoints, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google and IBM cloud platforms
- Ability to extend the platform using the provided SDKs to create your own OT and IT connectors
- Critical security features, which preserve the safe running of the platform
- Advanced system tooling to test, deploy and administer the platform
Edge Xpert is comprised of the following high-level layers, the features of which are explained in the Edge Xpert Architecture section